Opening Date: November 19, 2012 Closing Date: November 28, 2012
This is a Casual/Seasonal position (maximum of 37.5 hours work per week) without healthcare benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a 12 month assignment. While reappointment for an additional 12 months may be a possibility, neither the existence of the position after end of the initial appointment, nor the possibility of reappointment, is guaranteed.
Casual/Seasonal “Administrator” for Delaware Foreclosure Mediation Program
Fraud & Consumer Protection Division, Consumer Protection Unit
New Castle County
Description of Casual/Seasonal Position Duties:
The Delaware Department of Justice is seeking a Program Administrator to manage and oversee the implementation of Delaware’s Automatic Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program. This Program seeks to provide homeowners facing foreclosure with an opportunity to meet and negotiate with their lenders face-to-face before a foreclosure action can proceed through the Delaware courts. It is expected there will be between 2,000 and 4,000 mediations during each year of the Program, which is currently scheduled to end in January 2014.
Specifically, this Program Administrator will be responsible for:
• Overseeing mediation conferences in all three counties of the State of Delaware
• Evaluating requests and applications of mediation participants
• Scheduling mediation conferences
• Collecting, maintaining and disbursing Mediation Program funds
• Compiling Program statistics
• Strong organization skills
• Expertise and experience in E-filing with courts
• Demonstrated effective communication skills needed for working with a variety of participants, including consumers, litigants, housing counselors, and counsel
• Expertise in managing a program budget and expenses
• Strong administrative computer skills; including managing a database and mail-merge
• Supervisory experience with administrative support staff
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Valid Driver’s license
If you are interested in being considered for this Casual/Seasonal position, please submit your resume to the Delaware Department of Justice, Human Resources, 820 N. French Street, Sixth Floor Wilmington, DE 19801 or fax to 302-577-5866.